One of my favorite favorite favorite soups to make is cauliflower soup. The flavor is light, so it's ideal before almost any meal, but the texture is so thick and creamy you would swear there's dairy in it (spoiler alert: there isn't). It's quick to whip up, absolutely loaded with vitamin C to help keep you from getting sick, AND has 16g of protein to keep you full. This particular recipe is based on one of my favorite cookbooks "Essential Pepin," and you absolutely must give it a try if you're in the market for a guilt free soup recipe.
2 tbsp Canola Oil
2 C sliced onions
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp curry powder
2 C low salt chicken broth
2 C Water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 large or 2 small heads cauliflower, cored, separated into florets, and trimmed
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1) Add oil to a large saucepan, when it is hot saute the onions for 2-3 minutes
2) Sprinkle with flour and curry powder, then mix well
3) Stir in the chicken broth, water, salt, and pepper, mix well, then bring to a boil.
4) Add cauliflower, return to a boil, cover, reduce heat to very low, and boil gently for 30 mintues
5) Use a submersion blender (or pouring the soup into a food processor), puree with the butter
6) You should have 7 C of soup, if you have less, add enough water to bring it up to this level
7) Be sure soup is heated throughout, and then serve!