12.16.2011

Dreamy Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fruit Dip




I rarely use the word dreamy because I think it sounds cheesy, but this is literally.....dreamy.  Like I thought it up in a dream.  Like the angel Gabriel came down from the heavens and bestowed upon me a gift of delicious proportions.
Ok, the angel Gabriel wasn't actually in my dream.  
BUT I did have a dream about a giant pot of molten chocolate with peanut butter swirls I was dipping bananas in, and I decided I just had to do it in real life.  It took a little bit of finagling with proportions to find the perfect ratio of peanut butter to chocolate, but the results were fantastic.  One of my roommates doesn't like bananas (she's only eaten one once and it traumatized her) so I decided to branch away from my dream inspiration so she could try the final product.  I had some green apples and clementines on hand, so those also got chopped up and thrown in the mix.  I wouldn't necessarily advocate the use of clementines again, but the apples were deeeelicious and the bananas were literally to die for.
Side note: Freeze the bananas after you dip them. Your taste buds won't know what hit them.



Dreamy Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
1 C chopped milk chocolate
1/4 C chunky peanut butter
2 Bananas (or 2 apples, or one of each) sliced
1) In the top of a double boiler melt the chocolate until completely molten
2) Add the peanut butter and mix thoroughly
3) Line the bottom of a cookie sheet with parchment paper, dip the fruit slices in the molten chocolate mix, and lay on the paper.
4) Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until the chocolate has hardened.  Freeze the chocolate dipped banana slices for an extra delicious cold treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment