Good morning everyone!
In anticipation of what I'm sure will be a FANTASTIC FOURTH OF JULYYYYY I present you with yet another speciality a la Pat's dad. If you missed my post yesterday, suffice to say he's awesome.
This dish is great for three primary reasons:
1) Mussels are tasty
2) Serving steamed seafood is ooooh so chic and New England-ey
3) It's actually preferable that you make this a few glasses of wine deep
Now I'm off to an island somewhere to set off fire works and do other things that might qualify me for a Darwin award
America! America! La la la America!!!!! SEE YA LATER!!!
1 lb mussels
1 package cherry tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 C White Wine
4 tbsp butter
1) Preheat oven to 450
2) Mix all ingredients except mussels in a wide oven proof pot and season with salt and pepper
3) Add mussels, cover pot, and cook until mussels open (about 5-9 minutes)
4) Remove mussels that did not open during cooking
....if you wanna add more wine, no one is going to judge