10.08.2012

An Update On Life


The last three months have been an absolute whirlwind! Summer's end, per usual, was extremely bitter sweet.  I said goodbye to two of my best friends (and roommates for the past three years) as they went off to pursue their dreams in LA and Bangkok, but I also basically won the lottery.

I found.........wait for it, you're never going to believe it.........

A one bedroom apartment in downtown Boston that I can afford...with a washer and dryer in unit...and a walk in closet...and the view you see above outside my bedroom window in the morning.

What's that you say?  It's not possible?

It is because I live there!!!!!!

After I got the apartment, I came to the realization (a little late) that I was actually, not joking, going to live alone.  This was probably the most terrifying realization I've ever had.  Obviously, my first fear was that I would adopt 15 cats and live out my days like this:


But that fear quickly gave way to my second (primary) fear of becoming some reincarnation of Bridget Jones's Diary, laying around in flannel pajamas and sobbing while singing "All By Myself" on repeat.

Surprisingly, neither of these happened (yet).

Instead I feel empowered and grown up.  I get a little thrill every time someone asks me who I live with and I get to answer "myself." Not at my parent's, not with roommates, not with my boyfriend, just me.  The shoes on my feet? I bought them.  The clothes I'm wearing?  I bought them.  The house I live in? I bought rent it.

I feel like Beyonce would be proud, and in the end, isn't that what we're all striving for?



No comments:

Post a Comment