6.20.2013

Balsamic Chicken


Do you ever have those days where you want to make dinner, you want to craft some beautiful dish that would make Julia Child proud, you want to be the culinary master of your kitchen, but you just can't find the inspiration?
I do.
Those days make for some rough grocery store trips, let me tell you.  I'll just stand in the middle of the Trader Joe's produce section looking around thinking, "What on earth is a potato even good for!?"

Well fret not, my friends, because I have a solution for you and it's called balsamic chicken.  I discovered it as I casually perused the food section of pinterest (while irritatingly blocking the tiny aisles of the produce department - but that part isn't important) and I am soooo glad that I did!  Balsamic vinegar just has a magical way of turning boring foods into exceptional ones, doesn't it?

Recipe after the jump!
Balsamic Chicken
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
1/2 C plus 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 C plus 1 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp pepper

1) combine 1/2 C balsamic vinegar, 1/4 C olive oil, garlic powder, and pepper in a plastic bag.  Add raw chicken, and marinate 30 minutes to overnight
2) Preheat Oven to 350
3) Add Chicken and marinade to a baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes.
4) Serve with steamed asparagus, or a caprese salad!

*Would also be great grilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment