12.21.2011

Cocktail Hour

In the words of Julia Child, "A little wine never hurt anyone."

I actually have no idea if she said that. She probably didn't. BUT I think she would agree.

One of the long standing holiday (and otherwise) traditions in my family, is cocktail hour.  Before dinner, we all just hang out, have a drink, laugh, and prepare our bellies for the delicious feast that will inevitably follow.  While you could just pour a glass from the same bottle you're cooking with a la Julia Child (don't lie, you know 95% of your best recipes involve wine), it is infinitely more chic to have a rolling bar cart.  Just like the baby jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt it says, "I'm classy....but I'm here to party." For me, a bar cart is an integral component of the dream apartment I'm constantly redecorating inside my head.  It's a great way to show off beautiful liquor bottles, and constructing the perfect cocktail is so much easier with all of the ingredients in one place. These are just a few of the carts I would love to have in the corner of my dream sitting room.



2 comments:

  1. I want to party with the person who owns picture #4's cart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that would be Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere!

    ReplyDelete